♫ Listening to: Crave You by Flight Facilities ♫
This recipe makes 24 coffee cupcakes w/ chocolate mouse filling and cream cheese icing. For pictures of each step, read the accompanying blog entry.
Vegan Tiramisu Cupcake Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups unbleached white flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ener-g egg replacer
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup sunflower oil
- 1 ¾ cups brewed coffee
- ¼ cup french vanilla coconut creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Vegan Tiramisu Cupcake Directions
Preheat the oven to 350º. Set up 24 silicone wrappers on 2 baking sheets.
Combine wet ingredients and sugar and mix with electric mixer. In another bowl, ix together the dry ingredients.
Sift dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix with electric mixer until there are no lumps remaining.
Fill the baking cups about 2⁄3 full.
Bake for 21 minutes, until when you insert a toothpick into the center of one, it comes out clean.
Vegan Tiramisu Mousse Ingredients
- 1 package silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) vegan chocolate chips
Vegan Tiramisu Mousse Directions
Using a blender, puree the first four filling ingredients until completely smooth. You may have to scrape the sides of the blender with a spatula a few times. In a double boiler (or setting a metal bowl inside a pot of water), melt an entire bag of vegan chocolate chips over boiling water. Stir the melting vegan chocolate chips and when there are no more unmelted chips, remove from heat and add to blender. Blend further, scraping sides as before, until well-combined. Transfer to tupperware and chill.
Vegan Tiramisu Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup earth balance
- 1 package (8 oz) vegan cream cheese (I like kite hill)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups organic powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (garnish)
Vegan Tiramisu Frosting Directions
Using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer, whip up the first three icing ingredients, sifting in powdered sugar slowly (I add half a cup at a time). Pipe onto the top of cupcakes. Use a sifter to evenly sprinkle the cocoa powder on top of the icing.