♫ Listening to: Catapult by Operator Please ♫
Vegan Cupcake Ingredients:
Purchase vegan caramel sauce instead of making it from scratch.
- 2 cups fava chickpea flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coconut oil (you can sub any flower or vegetable oil if you don’t have this)
- 1 cup agave
- 1 cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup of the vegan caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon almond extract (you can sub more vanilla if you don’t have this)
- 1 cup hot water
Vegan Cupcake Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Whisk together the dry ingredients.
Combine the wet ingredients using an electric mixer. Measure the hot water last because it helps get the remaining agave and caramel sauce out of the measuring cup.
Sift the dry ingredients slowly into the wet while mixing.
Pour into 2 lined cupcake pans. Fill them high; they don’t rise as much as cupcakes with gluten.
Vegan Caramel Ingredients:
- ⅛ cup earth balance or coconut oil
- ⅛ cup nondairy milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
Vegan Caramel Directions:
Whisk the ingredients together over medium heat until it reaches the desired consistency.
Vegan Ganache Ingredients:
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened nondairy milk
Vegan Ganache Directions:
Heat the chocolate chips and non-dairy milk in a saucepan over low heat, stirring often until all chips are melted.
Dip tops of cupcakes into ganache.
Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
- ¼ cup earth balance
- ¼ cup spectrum palm shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ⅛ cup nondairy milk (you may not need it all, but have it ready, just in case)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar
Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting Directions:
Whisk all the ingredients, except the powdered sugar, together using an electric mixer.
Sift in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
Pipe icing onto cupcakes.
Garnish with bite-sized vegan snickers bars, caramel sauce, and finely chopped peanuts.