♫ Listening to: Super Scooter Happy by Kyary Pamyu Pamyu ♫
Sometimes referred to as unicorn cocoa, this pink hot cocoa is a cuter version of a traditional white chocolate cocoa. I’ll be making this on New Year’s Eve, but it would be fun for any kawaii or unicorn party. This cocoa would pair well with my Cinnamoroll donut cakes or my sparkle heart emoji cakes.
This recipe makes 4 cups.
Vegan Pink Peppermint Hot Cocoa Ingredients
- 2 ounces (or ¼ cup) of cacao butter
- 5 cups nondairy milk
- ½ cup organic or raw sugar*
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp peppermint
- 1 drop of pink vegan food coloring
- vegan whipped cream, mini vegan marshmallows, and vegan sprinkles for topping (optional)
Vegan Pink Peppermint Hot Cocoa Directions
Add remaining nondairy milk to the saucepan. Cook until the entire mixture is heated through.
Stir in pink vegan food coloring, vanilla, and peppermint, and pour into glasses. I recommend using wilton pink gel color or wilton rose gel color instead of a natural color, because the natural vegan food coloring tends to have difficulty blending well with the cacao butter .
Top each glass with mini marshmallows, whipped cream, and vegan sprinkles.
Hint: Spike with vegan bailey’s if you’re not straight edge.
* I use mostly organic ingredients when I cook, but I realize that not everyone has the disposable income to purchase all organic ingredients. Therefore, I only specify organic on the ingredients that really matter - when buying the organic version is the only way to ensure that the item is vegan.