♫ Listening to: Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses ♫
Do you have any friends who order a side of ranch when they order pizza? I have had 2 best friends in my life who could be referred to as ranch obsessed (but not by me, of course). Perfecting a vegan ranch recipe is therefore a crucial part of my existence.
Table of Contents
(click the links below to skip to the section you’re looking for)
I’ve made many ranch recipes, including a traditional ranch dressing with a vegan mayo base, but in my opinion, this ranch recipe tastes better than the mayonnaise based one. And it’s way better better for you since it has no oil. It makes a great dip for veggies, and it goes well with a watermelon radish salad.
This ranch dressing recipe makes around 8-10 ounces, depending on how well you scrape the sides of your blender.
- ½ cup (60g) cashews
- ¼ cup (35g) hulled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (65g) hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon (8g) salt
- ½ teaspoon (1g) pepper
- 2 teaspoons (1g) dried dill
- ½ cup fresh parsley, not packed
- 1 teaspoon (3g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (3g) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon (14g) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (14g) lemon juice
- ¾ cup (180mL/180g) water
Vegan Ranch Dressing Directions
Soak the ½ cup (60g) organic raw cashews and ¼ cup (35g) hulled sunflower seeds in water overnight. If you don’t have time, soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes while you put the other ingredients into the blender.
Add the ½ cup (65g) hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon (8g) salt, ½ teaspoon (1g) pepper, 2 teaspoons (1g) dill, ½ cup fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon (3g) garlic powder, 1 teaspoon (3g) onion powder, 1 tablespoon (14g) apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon (14g) lemon juice, and ¾ cup (180mL/180g) water to the blender.
Strain and rinse the cashews and sunflower seeds and add them to the blender.
Blend the ranch dressing for 30-60 seconds, depending on your blender. I use a blendtec blender, so mine blend super fast.
Drizzle over salad immediately. Or, transfer it to a jar with a lid.
Chill for up to 10 days in the fridge. It thickens as it chills, so you can use it as a dip or a dressing.
I don’t have all of the spices for this recipe. Can I still make it?
Of course! This recipe is very forgiving. I’ve even made it without parsley, and some people think that parsley is the most important ingredient.
I have a nut allergy. Can I make this vegan ranch without cashews?
How can you call this vegan ranch when it has no mayo?
I’ve made many ranch recipes, including a traditional ranch dressing with a vegan mayo base, but in my opinion, this ranch recipe tastes better than the mayonnaise based one. And it’s so much healthier for you. However, if you try this and don’t like it, let me know, and I’ll send you my mayo-based ranch recipe.
- Vinegar: If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, you can replace it with more lemon juice, lime juice, or white vinegar. The replacement can use a 1:1 ration of tablespoons or grams.
- Garlic: If you prefer to use fresh garlic over garlic powder, replace the teaspoon of garlic powder in this recipe with a tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Dill: If you prefer to use fresh dill in place of the dried dill, use 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill in place of the 2 teaspoons of dried dill.
- Parsley: If you prefer using dried parsley in place of the fresh parsley, replace ½ cup fresh parsley with 3 tablespoons of dried parsley.