♫ Listening to: Wooly by Breathe Carolina ♫
I know that typically the chicken is supposed to be fried, but I thought I would try a healthier spin, and I used Beyond Meat’s chicken (which I love!) Just heat the chicken according to the Directions on the package.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (either sweetened or unsweetened)
Whisk the dry ingredients together first, and then add the wet ingredients and stir.
Coat the waffle iron with coconut oil in between each waffle. Use a silicone brush to get inside all the nooks and crannies in your waffle iron.
Follow the Directions for your waffle iron to make the waffles.
Cut the waffle into bite sized pieces based on your favorite tetris shapes.