♫ Listening to: Like Hearts by The Prids ♫
I’ve made a lot of pizza recipes in my day, but I can honestly say that these lollipops are the cutest one yet! This is a perfect recipe for bringing pizza to your kiddo’s classroom on their birthday or as little snacks for your coworkers.
This recipe makes 20 pizza lollipops (depending how thinly you roll your dough). They stay good in the fridge for up to a week, but you can also freeze them for future lunches/parties.
Vegan Pizza Dough Ingredients
Buy 2 packages of premade pizza dough at Trader Joes to save time.
- 5 cups organic unbleached white flour*
- 2 cups warm water (around 110-115 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons organic evaporated cane juice (or any vegan sugar)
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons pink sea salt (I use pink sea salt because it has nutrients in it)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
Vegan Pizza Dough Directions
Making dough: 15 minutes; Waiting for dough to rise: 45 minutes
Mix the yeast, water, and sugar in large bowl. Add 3 cups of the flour. Mix well to blend. You can use your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook to do all the mixing and kneading for you if you have one.
Add 2 teaspoons, 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional), 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional), and remaining flour and stir well.
Place the dough on a flour covered board. Dust your hands with flour.
Knead for 5 minutes, adding flour if it gets too sticky.
Roll dough into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl.
Cover bowl with towel and set in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Lollipops Ingredients
You can buy organic pizza sauce from the store instead of making it from scratch.
- 1 can organic tomato sauce (15 ounce)*
- 1 can organic tomato paste (6 ounce)*
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- vegan pepperoni, chopped or sliced
- vegan mozzarella cheese (grated or crumbled)
- lollipop sticks
Vegan Pepperoni Pizza Lollipops Directions
Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl (everything except the cheese and pepperoni).
Slice your vegan pepperoni thickly enough that the lollipop sticks can stick into them.
Preheat the oven to 475º or higher if your oven goes higher.
Knead dough again. You should have around 2.5 pounds of dough (or 40 ounces). Each pizza lollipop takes 2 ounces of dough.
Roll half of the dough as thinly as possible on a floured board or a silicone rolling mat .
Spread the sauce lightly on one shape, leaving the edges unsauced, and then set the pepperoni lollipop on top of the sauce.
Top that with grated cheese and set another piece of dough on top, lining it up to match the bottom dough shape.
Press the edges down to seal them.
Transfer to a baking stone (or a parchment paper lined cookie sheet).
Here’s a video of me and Kimmy making them live.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 450º or 475º. Remove from oven and let cool.
Serve with a side of pizza sauce (optional).
* I use mostly organic ingredients when I cook, but I realize that not everyone has the disposable income to purchase all organic ingredients. Therefore, I only specify organic on the ingredients that really matter - when buying the organic version is the only way to ensure that the item is vegan.