♫ Listening to: Psychic City by Yacht ♫
Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 ⅔ c coconut-almond milk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- ½ c sunflower or coconut oil
- 1 ¼ c organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ¼ t almond extract
- ½ c tapioca flour
- 3 T ground flax seeds (I use a coffee grinder)
- ½ c almond flour
- ½ c rice flour
- ½ c quinoa flour
- ⅓ c fava-chickpea flour
- ½ c cocoa powder
- ½ T baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
Vegan Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcake Directions
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Mix all the wet ingredients together (including sugar).
Sift the dry ingredients together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well.
Fill the cupcake papers 80% full. This should make around 15 cupcakes (12 to take to the party and 3 to keep for yourself–oink oink).
Bake the cupcake for 21-24 minutes or until you insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
Peanut Butter filling/frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup organic whipped earth balance (they have a soy-free one if you avoid soy)*
- ½ cup spectrum palm shortening*
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- ⅛ cup non-dairy milk (you may not need it all, but have it ready, just in case)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar*
Peanut Butter filling/frosting Directions
Whisk the spectrum sustainably harvested organic palm shortening , earth balance, peanut butter, molasses, and vanilla together using a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer.
Sift in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
Pipe icing into the center of the cupcakes as well as on top of the cupcakes.
Garnish with drizzled chocolate sauce and bite-sized peanut butter cups*.
*Peanut Butter cups are super easy to make if you have silicone molds, vegan chocolate chips , and peanut butter. Or you can follow this recipe I have for making them. Here’s what they looked like when they came out of the freezer.
* I use mostly organic ingredients when I cook, but I realize that not everyone has the disposable income to purchase all organic ingredients. Therefore, I only specify organic on the ingredients that really matter - when buying the organic version is the only way to ensure that the item is vegan.